Sunday, January 23, 2011

Project 2- Wordle


Well my name is Samera Johnson. I was born in New Orleans, La. I have two younger brothers. I have lived in 3 different states because my dad was in the military. I love everything about track and field. I ran at the University of South Alabama and the University of Southern Mississippi. I was a hepthathlete ( if you dont know what that is, it means I participated in multiple events at one time) but, my favorite event is the hurdles. My first degree is in Criminal Justice.

I decided to go back to school and major in education because I feel like the kids in today's society needs young and positive energy in the school settings. I think that being a student athlete from middle school all the way through college, I can provide the youth with valuable and honest information. I am working on a degree in science and physical education. I have hopes of being a track coach at middle or high school. Once I gain more experience in coaching and with kids I plan to venture out into the College setting or something of that nature. Right now I coach a track and field summer league team and also coach at a local high school here in Mobile, Al.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Samera!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    I love it when people have real, genuine reasons for entering the education field, so I must commend you on that!

    Your blog looks great - just be sure to add pictures complete with title and alt modifiers to all of your upcoming posts! You also need to upload a profile picture so we can all see what you look like!:)

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with this semester!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Samera,
    I think that it is great that you are pursing a science and physical education degree. I agree with you that students in today's society needs a positive school enviornment. When I was in school I did not have a postive school enviornment, which made it difficult to learn. I think as teachers we need to make sure that our students have the best learning enviornment. I also think that it is great that you are into sports. I don't have many regrets in my life, but I wish that I would of done sports in school. It would of been great for me to be more active in school.

    ReplyDelete