Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blog Post 9

As I read Mr. Clung's post I began to smile. As an employee in a highschool setting and a soon to be teacher I could not agree with his post more. I really appreciated the insight from his expeirences. As it is coming to a year of me in education I must say that teachers do get away from their purpose as to why they got into education. Many have forgotten that it is all about the student because with out them the teachers wouldn't have a job. Many have forgotten that what the student thinks does matter. Also many have forgotten how to communicate with the staff and the students. I like the poin that Mr. McClung made when he said you must know your audience (the students). I think this is very important because it helps you as a teacher with your teaching style because students learn differently. Furthermore knowing your students make them feel important and know that if no one cares, you do! I think this will help us future teacher a lot, this is something that we do not learn in the classroom. I think that he has learned a lot in his firt year of teaching and to admitt his faults shows that he wants to be a better teacher. I wish him the best of luck and I hope I learn as much as he did in my first year of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment