Sunday, April 10, 2011

Special Assignment- Mr. McClung's World

Mr. McClung is an 8th grade History teacher in Arkansas. He is in his 3rd year of teaching. He loves to incorporate technology is the classroom as much as possible. He is also a huge sports fan and coaches cross county at the school he works at. As an educator I think he is one that exemplifies how technology should be used in the class room. I think he cares a lot about teaching students. I think that his students is the primary focus. As required I read the class room rules and I must say they are very different. However, I do like them and think they are a great set of rules to have. I never understood why teachers always wanted students to be quiet in the class room. I like how he lets the students know that they must communicate. I think these rules show that he is a very involved teacher and he wants his students to be involved as well. I think everyone needing a calender is very important. Obviously Mr. McClung is VERY organized, by having a daily planner it will help the students become organized. Students need to know how to prioritize their time. I think that Mr. McClung's penalties for homework being late is a little harsh, however, it helps the student learn how to be on time with their work. It will eventually help them for when they get to college. I think that he is doing a wonderful job. his teaching strategies are the best that I read about so far. Many teachers get away from the fact that students learn differently. I think Mr. McClung on the other hand is a great addition to the education system. I only hope that I can be as affective of a teacher as he is.
For my C4K I Lesson Learned 2: Club Activities. I think my child name was Tyler but they had a day each week called club activity. During this time the students would complete their activity. The activity was wii sports. This was a great idea for the students and teachers because it gave the students time to bond, relax, and engage in a positive way. It allowed the students to have a more laid back day and enjoy the students engaging positively.
Mr.McClung's blog is very useful and helpful for teachers, administrator's, parents and students. It allows everyone to see what the classroom is like. It also helps everyone know what is going on in the class room. It keeps everyone updated. Essentially the class blog is an open book to the class room. I think the reason why Mr. McClung's blog is different is because he doesn't mind sharing his ideas with others. He wants others to see what he is doing and wants to show them it can be done. I think its more of him taking a chance to let people know that changes in education is necessary. I think he is not afraid to show what his is doing in the classroom and I thank him for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment